7 Tips For Home Buyers
Real estate transactions can be complicated. I recommend the following best practices to our buyers who want to make the process as seamless as possible.
- Arrange for your mortgage financing upfront before you even start looking for a home. I can make great recommendations for experienced mortgage professionals who have an excellent track record. The lender will focus on your ideal price range, your maximum loan, and whether there are any credit issues you should correct before buying. The lender will also prepare a qualification letter, which you must provide the seller when you make an offer.
- Review a blank contract form before you write your contract offer. I will review and familiarize you with contract details and may prompt questions. Feel free to ask me any questions as they will definitely take time to explain the contract, the process and guide you down all of the paths to home-ownership you will travel.
- Use buyer representation. It is important to have an agent who owes their total loyalty to you. I will discuss your representation options with you. If you are purchasing one of our company listings, we will make sure you understand what your agent can and cannot do for you.
- Review the seller's disclosure before making an offer. Your contract offer should reflect the condition of the property. The seller could disclose a repair or condition that would affect what you would be willing to pay. You should know this before you decide on an offering price..
- As for a residential service contract (aka home warranty) when you write the offer. This will cover you for some items that malfunction during the first year of ownership. Cash used for down-payment, closing costs, and other home necessities can deplete your cash reserves. A residential service contract will reduce the risk of a future drain if a warranted item needs repair that first year.
- Get the property inspected by a licensed professional inspector. This will let you know the true condition of what you are buying. Follow the inspector's advice if they recommend that you have another expert inspect a troublesome item. Ask your inspector to explain how to work or maintain appliances or systems in the home with which you are unfamiliar.
- I will prepare a market analysis of the property before you make the offer. You should know what similar properties are selling for so that you don't overbuy. Also, if the seller remains firm on their price, you will be able to tell if the value is really there.
I dedicate my time and energy in servicing my clients. You will receive our undivided attention and dedication to providing you with the level of service and attention to details that others have come to expect from me.
My Mission… Understanding the value of our clients is paramount to our success. My purpose is to provide real estate solutions for our clients which enhance their lives, financial security, and homeownership goals. I strive to differentiate myself by conducting our business with stringent ethical standards and a commitment to delivering exceptional customer service. I do this by putting myself in your shoes! I treat your money like it’s my money. What would I accept as a price for my own property? Will this property increase in value?
I'm experienced… We have many years of experience in real estate and it’s related fields. In addition, I am not only licensed by the state but also have undergone extensive training and continue to receive training and a minimum of 18-hours of approved continuing education hours biannually (which as it turns out, I do way more than 18-hours).
I'm dedicated… I specialize in you and your needs. Whether you’re selling a home, buying a home, or developing a commercial or residential project, each investment you make in real estate is important to you… and it’s important to me. I'm are just one phone call away, and I look forward to taking a special interest in you and your goals.
I operate with Integrity… I believe in having integrity in all facets of our lives. From my personal pursuits to our business endeavors, I put integrity first! I have pledged to adhere to a strict code of ethics, the best business practices policy, and an ethics grievance review process. I also obtain ongoing education and have submitted to criminal background checks.